5. Creative Container Garden Ideas
There are so many ways to use container gardening ideas for spring around your home and garden. A matching set of potted plants will add color and fragrance around your front door. Porch stairs can come to life with flower pots on every step. And, just as sitting outside becomes a fun activity again, potted plants can liven up your patio and back garden.
1. Colander Lettuce Garden.
Not only is it pretty, but I like the idea of growing my salad in a colander. And you don't have to worry about over-watering, because there's plenty of drainage!
2. Baby Bathtub Water Garden.
I want a water feature in my yard, but I haven't figured out exactly what I want to do yet. If if manage to find a cute vintage baby bath tub, I know just what I'll do with it. What a great water garden idea.
3. Bird Houses (large with the roof removed and a plant inside)
4. Identify the growing conditions of your site: Is it shady and protected or sunny all day long? If you have a variety of light conditions, mark your diagram accordingly. Is your site exposed to wind or heavy rain.
5. Include something for all the senses
In addition to being a visual pleasure, your container garden can provide enjoyment in so many ways. The delight of fragrant flowers, shrubs and vines can make a visit to your garden, small or large, a memorable treat.