[align=left]Bromeliads belong to the plant family Bromeliaceae, which has over 2,700 species, plus thousands of hybrids. They grow from the southern parts of the United States, down through Central and South America to Chile and Argentina.[/align]

[align=left]Many bromeliads grow on trees as epiphytes (air plants). Their roots are mainly used for support, and they are not parasites. They are one of the most adaptable plant families in the world. They have a tremendous ability to survive and offer an infinite variety, with challenging plant forms and color combinations.[/align]

[align=left]*In cultivation, the most common genera are Aechmea; Billbergia; Cryptanthus; Guzmania; Neoregelia; Nidularium; Tillandsia; and Vriesea. Most make great houseplants if given a reasonable ammount of care.[/align]

[align=left]*If you would like to know more on these tropical plants, or just browse the hundred or so photos I have on them, go to my website below. There, you will find links to my photo-sites, Links to the Florida Council of Bromeliad Societies, the Bromeliad Society International and much more.[/align]

[align=left]Thanks, John..[/align]

[align=left]http://www.freewebs.com/jacksbromeliads/[/align]

[align=left][/align]

[align=left]*[/align]

[align=left][/align]

[align=left][/align]

[align=left][/align]

[align=left]

[/align]

[align=left]*[/align]

[align=left]*[/align]

[align=left]*[/align]

[align=left]*[/align]

[align=left]*[/align]

Hi John,

You have a very interesting and informative site.* I can see you have done alot of work. I have saved it to share with others.*

Newt