Thread: advice please

hello* I am after information again I am on a learning curve

with this*gardening in the Med,:?*my alice dupont plant kept all its leaves over the winter but now as all the new shoots are growing the leaves are turning yellow and falling off

is this normal please I loof forward to hearing from someone this is a great site** morinja in Spain

Hi Morinja,

Your Mandevilla splendins 'Alice DuPont' is evergreen.** Even evergreen plants lose their leaves so it might just be natural shedding. If it's planted in a pot and the NEW leaves are turning yellow, it may be rootbound and need a new pot.* If it's planted in the ground and the new leaves are turning yellow it may have a plant pest.* This plant does not like salt so if you have been using a synthetic fertilizer they leave behind residual salts and that could be the problem.* Here's some info on your plant.
    http://hort.ufl.edu/shrubs/MANSPPA.PDF

Newt

thanks again newt for your info, my new leaves are green and the pot is quite large and where the leaves have dropped off on the bottom of the plant there are new shoots and like all my plants they live on the sun roof in pots but I am trying to make it like a tropical garden so its trial and error but you give me good information* thank you again* Morinja:)

Morinja, I'm glad that was helpful. Sorry I didn't remember your roof garden.* I answer as many as 100 questions or more a day.* I couldn't remember for sure if you were planting in containers or not and I think you are in Spain.*** It's most helpful to have your location in your profile.* That often helps me to remember. :)

Newt

thank you newt but I am not sure how to add to my profile morinja in southern Spain