Thread: greetings

hi everyone, my name is nate and i'm a new green thumb. this is my first time growing tomato's, or anything of the sort really, so i thought i'd post on here to get some tips. Some people have told me to pinch off leaves and what not, but really i dont see how this would be beneficial. I have two differant varieties potted in a 5 gallon bucket, probably a bad idea, but it is far to late to repot. They are howeever recieving Botanicare pure blend pro grow/bloom fertalizers. I used mirical grow's organic soil and have been feeding once a week and watering daily until i see water runoff. below are some pictures at about 34 days. they are beefsteak/cherry variety. I plan to ductape 4 broomsticks to the bucket and use thick rope to help support the branches shortly. but the stems are very thick and overral it looks super healthy. thanks in advance.

Hi Nate,

Your tomatoes look great.* This site has some good growing info as well as pictures.* There's even a picture about pinching off side shoots which is probably the leaves you were told to pinch.
    http://www.gardenhive.com/fruit/tomatoes/grow/

I would also suggest you raise the bucket up on something like bricks or pot feet so your deck doesn't get stained.

Newt