Hi all-

I purchased 2 of these a few weeks ago. After I planted them I noticed them turning from their gorgeous deep purple color to green. I found out they prefer lean dry soil and realized they were only getting partial sun in their locale so I moved them to a sunnier location with unamended drier soil. They got worse. Now they are turning orange and yellow. Help! What am i doing wrong? Are they beyond help? Would appreciate any advice. Thanks.

Hi NGA,

The shock of moving them might have been too much for them.* They do best with deep watering.* I am a bit confused about how you have cared for them with watering so that could be the problem.

http://www.pga.com.au/view_plant.asp?plant_id=83

Newt

Hi, thanks for responding. I was watering them a couple of times a week but held back a bit when i noticed them crinkling up and getting yellow. I pruned them back a few days ago and they look a bit healthier. It's certainly possible their roots got damaged so i'm just being patient now. I definitely won't be moving them again. Any suggestions?

You are so very welcome!* I'd just say to keep up what you are doing now and not drown them with water.* Even if they lose their leaves, the roots might survive and sprout again.* Glad to know they're looking better.

Newt

Excellent news- my gauras are looking much better. The foliage has better color and I can see new growth. Hooray !!

Wonderful news!!* I'm so happy for you.* :)*

Newt