Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: more problems

Hi Newt* thank you well I am going to take a couple of chewed bits to the garden centre on Monday when they open and I will go out side late tonight and check my plant!* I have seen a wasp looking insect with long trailing legs but Ido not know the name will keep you informed about this mystery !!!

Morinja:D

I would love to know what they tell you.*

Newt

Hi Newt* well the garden centre say my poor lemon tree was begging for water as the poor thing is in a pot in full sun at 37c so I have given it a huge drink and it's looking happy but as to what ate* some of the leaves we don't know as no more holes have appeared ! that and my limited Spanish

looking forward to my first lemon

Morinja** :):)

Great news!! *:dude:* Maybe when you water you should let the water run through to the saucer and let it sit in the water for a few minutes so it can soak up enough water.

Newt

well problem solved with the munching insect* who munched half of one large lemon tree leaf* !!

I went to re tie a climbing plant next to my lemon tree and there was this grasshopper* munching so fast he was eating a whole leaf before my eyes on my climbing plant I removed him and had a look on the web and found that he belongs to the locust family but just an individual one* and to crush hot peppers in warm water and spray my plants! have destroyed him now know nothing about these insects as we came from cold uk to live here*** thought this would make you smile

Morinja :)

I never even thought of grasshoppers!* How interesting and so glad you found the culprit.* If the pepper spray doesn't work for you maybe we can find something else.* This did make me smile.* :)* Thanks so much for letting me know.

Newt

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12