Just curious and wondering if any else has experienced any issues with their orange cone flowers ? My neighbor and I both planted these last summer and hers got 2 and a half feet tall this year and then the leaves turned brown and started curling up. I told her mine had a few brown leaves and I just pinched them off. Any ideas what this is ? I also have this problem with my black eyed susan plants. There are brown edges and the leaf curls under. I've been pinching off the affected areas and pulling the plant if it really looks bad. Is this a fungus ? Thanks for the advice- Coralbelle

Have you been getting lots of rain or doing alot of watering?* These plants don't like alot of water.

Newt

No , not a lot of rain or watering going on here.

Can youi post a picture?* It sounds like a fungal problem.* Scroll down to almost the bottom of the page to 'Black-eyed Susans get KO'd' and you'll see several possibilities.* You can click on the pics for a larger view.* Orange coneflower is related to black eyed Susans and they would suffer from the same diseases.
    http://www.extension.umn.edu/project...-Sept1502.html

Newt

So this looks like the fungus thats on my black eyed susans and the orange cone flowers.I appreciate the link . Thanks Newt.

You are so very welcome!* If you need a copper based fungicide, Gardens Alive carries it.* I can't remember the name of it now.* This place tends to be a bit expensive, so look for the name of the fungicide and then search to see if anyone else sells it.
    http://www.gardensalive.com/Default....cd2=1182429599

Newt