Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    [align=left]LOL!* glad to brighten your day, newt!* at present, they are the size of peas, but i live in permanent hope![/align]
    [align=left]when i make my first homegrown salad, i will raise a tomato to you![/align]
    [align=left]sama[/align]

Sama, you are a riot!* Thank you so much.* I await your news of the flavor (flavour?).* ;)*

Newt

[align=left]LOL!* american and canadian english vs english english!* spelling can be a nightmare sometimes, can't it!* [/align]
    [align=left]i balefully gave them extra water this morning, and suggested that it was a case of survival of the fittest!* hehe!* i await their response with interest.....[/align]
    [align=left]sama[/align]

[align=left]NEWT!!!* zero in on this one for a second![/align]

[align=left]i FOUND the CULPRITS![/align]

[align=left]my tomatoes were going okay, then began to go brown again, wilt, and generally look like a lot of old drunks, looping over the edge of the hanging basket.[/align]

[align=left]i examined them carefully, and found the leaves were COVERED with tiny white mites![/align]

[align=left]yes.[/align]

[align=left]sorry.[/align]

[align=left]i did it again.[/align]

[align=left]used the non-organic spray.[/align]

[align=left]it worked.[/align]

[align=left]cordially yours,[/align]

[align=left]sherlock holmes![/align]

Oh my, non-organic spray on food.***:(* Yuk!* Maybe you had whitefly?* Did they fly off when you touched the plant?* Did I ever give you this?
    http://www.ghorganics.com/page9.html

or this?
    http://www.ghorganics.com/page15.html

Newt

[align=left]i know!* i was just so furious that my tomatoes had been invaded....[/align]
    [align=left]nope.* nothing flew off. they looked like little white lines, very very small.* and very, very EVERYWHERE![/align]
    [align=left]i promise faithfully to wash them very thoroughly.[/align]
    [align=left]sama[/align]

I don't know if you have these on your side of the pond, but maybe they are tomato russet mites?
    http://ftsg.ifas.ufl.edu/TRMIBC.HTM

Newt

[align=left]they aren't any more, since i zapped 'em!!* LOL![/align]
    [align=left]there are similarities, i have to admit.* these were tiny little white lines almost.* i didnt look too closely, newt.* just reached indoors for my mite-murderer and got 'em good.* i PROMISE to try organic stuff after this crop.* but this is my FIRST ever basket of tomatoes, and i don't honestly care if they don't get eaten!* i just want to grow 'em without their giving up the tomato-ghost before they actually produce fullsized fruits![/align]
    [align=left]bless you for your help![/align]
    [align=left]sama ~ unrepentant[/align]

Sama, now don't make me swim over there and scold you!* Actually, it's really best to know which pest you have.* Then we can come up with an organic solution (pun intended) so you can munch away without worry.*

Maybe leaf miners?* Is this what the leaf looked like?

Newt

[align=left]er...no![/align]
    [align=left]they were like minute little lines of white.[/align]
    [align=left]you would be welcome ANY time!* a newt in the hand is worth two in the pond, i always say!!![/align]
    [align=left]sama[/align]

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast