What do you recommend for a beautiful container plant that's easy to grow and will last for a long time? Unique plants or flowers the better.
    Any ideas will be qppreciated.

Sarracenia (American Pitcher Plants) are good container plants. They are carnivorous plants and do not need fertilzer, they catch own. They have beautiful pitchers and have unusual umbrella flowers.

I have a dual love of perennials and container gardens. I have several containers throughout my garden to add more interest and mix annuals in with some perennials as they are easier to do in containers.

I have two containers that I have planted coreopsis in. They have come back two years in a row now much fuller each time. The containers are this blue color that really look great against the yellow of the flowers. I've left these containers out during the winter.

I do have a red jasmine that is the most beautiful flowering perennial I've yet to see. I have it in a large pot that I do have to bring in once it turns cold. The pot is so large that it takes my husband and I to move it, but I believe this is my "pet" plant from my garden.

I have a sago palm in this royal blue container planted with some lush red geraniums as wells as trailing ivy. I just added a white vinca to give it some contrasting color. I have this container in the front yard at a base of a tree that has very dry soil and the only thing growing there is a yucca plant!

I am always on the lookout for pottery on sale or clearance. Don't be afraid to get something with color. I do try and fill the containers with something that will have a pleasing contrast against the color of the container.

I LOVE putting spike plants in my containers to give them some height. I often use ivy or vinca vine to trail over the container. I am experimenting with a trailing geranium this year to see how it does.

I have found that several perennials like containers so don't feel you have to be closed in to just putting annuals in them.

To me, container gardens are a form of art!