Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Animal Pests

I went on a LOVELY garden tour this past weekend and one of the homes that we visited, the host had many, many container gardens. I noticed that she had the small, white rocks (the ones that look almost bleached). I commented on that to the gardener and she told me that it is a wonderful way to keep "vermin" from digging in the containers. She did have some lovely gardens with sedum and chicks that had pea gravel as well. It made such a lovely contrast with the plants also.

Pfeffer, you are so very welcome! I remember one winter we'd had a huge snow storm and I couldn't get out to the store. My hubby had accidentally bought a large bag of peanuts with their shells on and I'd never used them. I spent quite a while breaking the peanut shells so I could feed the squirrels in the snow.

Newt

Ncgardengirl, I love those tours and have gotten some wonderful ideas from them too. One of those is the use of pine cones or gum tree cones placed on the surface of potted plants to keep the cats off.

Newt

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12