Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Coralbelle, I'm so sorry to hear about your kitty.* It's so hard when they leave us.* We recently had an 18 year old kitty leave us and it broke our hearts too.* I still miss her.*

Here's some cyber hugs,

((((Newt))))

"Notice what time it is?* That's how I fit it all in.* Now I'm off to catch some zzzz's.

Newt"

I must say, Newt, this is a disgusting time of the morning!!!! Dont know how you do it....Now I'm off to hit the road....if you see a big purple and gold Freighliner with a 53-foot trailer, WAVE, it's me!* I am also coming back with some lilac cuttings, are they easy to root??? What time of the year*will they bloom in my zone, any idea?

Okey dokey...C'y'all next week!!! :P

Gosh, I hope you are still online!* Get sprouts from the ground with roots for those lilacs if you can.* It can take up to 5 years before cuttings will flower.* The best time to take cuttings are in the spring.* You'll need rooting hormone to root them.*

Have a safe trip.* There's a truck stop on I-95 if you are going that way.* It's only a few miles from my house.* If you are still online answer this and I'll send you a pm with my phone # in case you want to say 'Hi' or need anything.

Be safe and have a wonderful trip!
    Newt

Made it to Mass, thanks Newt. We went around 95 so we wouldnt have to go through NY otherwise I would have given you a holler. I think Auntie already cut the lilacs...will they root anyway?

My sister has a whole row of lace-cap hydrangeas in bloom - OMG gorgeous...can I grab some cuttings of those?? I'll check back before we leave.

Thanks for the condolences guys I appreciate them as well as the hugs. I'm trying to keep busy in the garden. Today I'm going to check those petunias and move some gaillardias. My joe-pye weed is going up to seven foot and has completely blocked all sun. I'm off to get my hands dirty- Coralbelle...

DinaJean, I just realized that I never replied to you.* Yes, the cuttings of the lilacs should root, but take extra for insurance if you can't dig up some with roots.

You can also take cuttings of her hydrangeas, but if that doesn't work she can do ground air layering for you and send you the new sprouts in the spring.* Here's how to propagate hydrangeas.
    http://www.hydrangeashydrangeas.com/propagation.html

Newt

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12