Thread: Rhode Island

Newt, 7-16-07, "QUOTE"

"I just came back from Rhode Island with my daughter and we took a detour around 'the city' so we wouldn't get tied up in traffic.* We took the Garden State Pky and made a wider loop and went across the Verrazano Bridge.* It was a lovely ride.* I wish I could go with you.* That iced coffee sounds interesting.* I love my coffee.* I'm really spoiled though.* My son sends me the real deal Colombian coffee from Colombia.* It smells like heaven when I open the package.* :D* He's coming home in 2 weeks and it will be the first time in 7 years he's been here for his birthday.* How cool is that?"

I worked in RI years ago, in Warwick. It is a pretty little state. I would always go and sit at the park near the ocean called "Gillespie Point". It was the inspiration of many poems.

So, your son will be here next week, you must be so excited! How long will he be staying? WIll you be cooking for his birthday or*will y'all go out to a special place? How did he end up in Columbia?

I never saw this post.* Sorry about that.* I have relatives in Warwick and that is where I went.* I grew up in New York state and we used to visit relatives in Connecticut when I was little.* Ah, the fall colors.* *

My son will only be staying for a week.* He comes home twice a year for about a week each time, but it's usually in August and the end of December to New Year's.* I was thinking of a bbq for him, but with my back problems I'm not sure I want to do that so we may take him out to eat or make him a favorite meal as he eats out alot.*

He transferred from Peru to Colombia about 2 years ago after being in Peru for 4 1/2 years.* He works for a civilian contractor for the military doing computer and satellite system work.* I spent 4 months with him when he was in Peru back in 2003.* My hubby joined us for my last 3 weeks and we went to the Galapagos Islands.* It was great!* :dude:* We traveled all over Peru and Ecuador where my son has a close friend who works for the same company.* South America is a beautiful continent.

Newt