Two Leopard's Bane were planted last fall and survived the winter . They are in sun/part sun. The soil has been amended with lots of organic matter. The flowers were cheery in the spring. Now , mid-July their leaves are browning. One plant is much worse than the other. These plants did get a little crowded with Yarrow growing beside them. I have cut back the Yarrow to fully expose the Leopard's Bane, but the plants are still declining. We have had a very wet spring/early summer.

Is this decline part of a normal cycle ?

I had the same problem when I tried to grow Leopard's Bane - Doronicum caucasicum.* I just loved the wonderful yellow daisy-like flowers so early in the season.* I just couldn't seem to keep it alive for more then two or three years.* Then I learned it's a short lived perennial and unfortunately it doesn't self seed.* Here's a list of long lived and short lived perennials.
    http://www.hgtv.com/hgtv/gl_perennia...826795,00.html

Newt

Thanks for the info.

*I will try again this fall to plant some in a different location.

You are so very welcome!* They don't seem to like too much moisture in the winter.* Been there, planted that and failed.* :X* Good luck with a different location.

Newt