:?*I have a 3 yr old All Summer Beauty Hydrangea and it's not had a single bloom this year.* I live in Central North Carolina and we had an exceptionally late hard freeze at Easter.* I've read that late freezes don't effect this particular hydrangea but I'm stumped. My colleague at has one the same age, also with no blooms.* Our bushes appear completely healthy and still sprouting new growth....just no blooms. We're hoping it's behind and will start blooming before the frost. No signs of a bloom formation in sight. HELP!!! Also, we've both fertilized regularly.

Hi Shoofly,

Two thoughts come to mind.* One is the late freeze that would delay blooms.* The other is your statement, "Also, we've both fertilized regularly."* That is subjective and I don't know if that means weekly, monthly or whatever.* With hydrangeas it's best to be light on the fertilizer rather too much. Twice a season is more then enough fertilizer, especially if you are using a synthetic fertilizer.* You might want to read the last section here on fertilizing hydrangeas.
    http://www.hydrangeashydrangeas.com/planting_fert.html

Newt

Newt,

Thank you for the response. I just read the section on fertilizing. Good tips to know.* Based on this info, I haven't over fertilized but I did use the Miracle Gro Bloom Boosters this last time as I've been so discouraged with lack of blooms. Won't do that any more!! Thanks for you input. I'll let you know if it's truly the confused late bloomer it appears to be. Last year it had 30 - 40 blooms at a time consistently from May to late Oct frost so I'm still hopeful. The bush looks extremely healthy and it's planted in proper spot for sun/shade etc.

Thanks again,

Shoofly

You are very welcome!* I read that this variety is related to the Endless Summer and I remember reading at other sites how folks were complaining how they bloomed prolifically one year and not another. I hope that isn't the case here.* :?*

Newt