Thread: lemon tree

Hi I have found on the under side of the leaves shiney sugar like crystals and also on a nearby climbing plant* and just when my tree was growing well lots of leaves have started to fall off any advice please* thank you** Morinja*

[align=left]Hi Morinja,[/align]
    [align=left]The only things that come to mind would be*eggs from*an insect or maybe citrus snow scale.** Can you crush them?* If you don't see any of those insects you might want to inquire at a local nursery for something that is local to your area.* Does it look like this?* Scroll down here and click on*figure 5.[/align]
    [align=left]http://edis.ifas.ufl.edu/CH195[/align]
    [align=left]Newt[/align]

Hi Newt once again many thanks for your info ,I have had a look at the pics but mine are different they are like damp sea salt crystals and today on the upper leaves there are black sooty like stuff on the under side. I have had some bother with cochineal beetles but the garden centre told me the spray to use . Have spoken nicely to my tree and asked it to grow well !!:shock:

Morinja

Hi Newt, back again I have just spent a couple of hours washing all the leaves with a little washing liquid and alcohol after reading more on the site you gave me and discovered I have cottoncushion scale ,then I discovered lots of them both brown and white and sooty marks on my pittosporum < only just found out the name> plant and more on my Alice Dupont so I have given them all the same treatment . Many leaves came off but the remaining ones are all clean, I think the spray did'nt reach under the leaves

Morinja:?

[align=left]Scales did come to mind too, but I've never heard about their honeydew turning into crystals.* How interesting.* I learned something new today too.* :)[/align]
    [align=left]What did the nursery tell you to spray with for the beetles?* Neem oil or insecticidal soap will also work to eliminate scale insects.* You have to spray every 5 to 7 days until they are gone but what you've done is probably best.[/align]
    [align=left]Newt[/align]
    [align=left]*[/align]

Hi Newt , the spray the garden centre sold me is Cuspide 48 Spanish name but he said they were cochinilla acanalada beetles and I found them red when killed so I am not sure if its the same family of bugs. We had rain in the night and every thing looks good and no sign of insects!

so on with the reading glasses for a close look each morning

THANKS AGAIN

MORINJA