hello - new to forum.* have container veggie plants, one plant, bell pepper is in*2 gallon plastic pot with miracle grow vegetable potting soil.* june/july i had lots of peppers now just a couple.* i only water the plant when top of the soil looks dry.* can you tell me what maybe going on..........

thanks.....yellarose from texas

Hi Yellarose,

I'm not sure I understand your question.* Are you saying that your pepper plant has stopped producing peppers?* If so it could be high temps.* When the temps stay above 80*F to 85*F the plants usually stop producing flowers.* Another possibility could be overfertilizing which can lead to more leaf growth at the expense of flowering.* Most Miracle Gro potting soil (except for the organic formula) comes with slow release fertilizer already in the soil.* So if you fertilize more you could be overfertilizing.* The plants could just have lived their life span and are slowing down.

Newt

newt.....do have my plants in the miracle grow for vegetables soil.....you are probably right about the 'heat' aspect.* however did not know that plants slow down in their production.* i have the plants where they have sun from morning till early afternoon, about mid afternoon on they are in shade.* the bell pepper plants have maybe one or two small peppers on them now.** thanks for the tips newt.

:)yellarose

I forgot to mention that pepper plants produce in cycles so yours could just be between cycles.* Also letting them ripen will slow the plants down.* I don't like them green, so I let mine ripen which gives less yield to the plants, but I rather eat them sweeter.* You should find this interesting about them.
    http://www.uga.edu/vegetable/pepper.html

Newt

newt - thx for the great info with the bell pepper info link, will keep your tips close at hand.

yellarose:)

You are so very welcome!* I'm glad that was helpful.

Newt