Hybrid View

I am very pleased to have found this site, as I have a number of bamboo plants in my home ranging in size upto 4 feet high.*

This 4 foot plant has a straight stem and*is in a vase with another 4 foot plant with a curly stem.* My fiance has had thsi plant for over 5 years and I come in the picture two years ago and the leaves are turning yellow.

I already lost a small 4" bambo shoot after the stem and leaves turned yellow.

My smaller plants(4-5-6-7-8") are in little cubicle like vases with marbles to separate the plants and roots and are about three inches square with three plants in each cube and filled with water.* The stems go into the water about 1 inch.

The two 4 footers are in a larger vase and the bottom is about 3" in diameter with nothing but water covering about two inches of the stem.

Now with all that I have found to read on this matter I have taken the 4 foot plants out of the water, changed the water, pulled apart the roots that were intertwining with each other and took off about 8 yellowed leaves with the four larger green leaves remaining at the top of the plant!

HELP!* What do I do to further protect this plant?

By the way, AC/Heat vent was directed towards it about 5 feet*away and I think the plant has always been there but just in case that may be the cause, I redirected the air flow from the vent to keep it away from the plant.
    Thank you in advance for your help!

Luciano

Hi Luciano,

Lucky bamboo isn't bamboo but Dracaena sanderiana.* It is not meant to grow in water and needs to be planted in soil.* It does lose it's lower leaves as it matures.* Maybe this will help.
    http://www.plant-care.com/lucky-bamboo.html

Newt

thanks for the info