it is for my dog who was 13 years old and my cat who was 7 years old. i can't have any small decorative mirrors or water in the garden because it attracts wasps and i need somethings that will with stand our current temperatures. around 40.C (yesterday 44.6.C) any*ideas?

Hi Luckytiff,

Sorry to hear of your loss.* I too have recently lost 2 beloved dogs so I can understand your desire to do this.

You don't say where you live, but from the temperature you mention (112*F), I'm thinking you are in the Southern Hemisphere, possibly in a desert climate.* Without info on where you live, the sun conditions of the area you wish to plant, the type of soil you have, the type of climate as to dry or wet and how much space you have, it would be impossible to make specific plant recommendations.

Many people plant white flowers as a memorial garden.

I've never heard of mirrors attracting wasps, at least not the ones here in the US.* Wasps are attracted to sugar and sweet food.

Newt

I have made simple memorial place in our backyard, but im planning to put some designs. Maybe I'll go with the plastic flowers or wood craft statue this week. Thanks for your reply.

You are very welcome!

Newt

[align=left]Try forget me nots -- (Brunnera). They flower in spring and are still in bloom in my area (zone 5). They are among the first flowers up in the spring, can take full shade, and are beautiful. Most are blue -- the white and pink ones haven't done as well for me. There are 3-4 different types (at least) and each with different leaves, which remain attractive after the flowers are gone. Good luck! [/align]