Hybrid View

I have two big shrubs right in front of*my villa on both sides of my walk way to*my front door*that have many wasps and digger wasp that live in my shrubs.*I am so*scared of*wasp since I was stung almoswt*10years*ago where the dr told me if I stung again I would die..*to the point of I really hate leaving the house durring the day which sucks cause I am a single mom of a 5 year old who doesn't know fear and should have to see mommy drop the bags of food and grab her to run inside if I see a wasp comming my way.

But can someone give me any ideas of killing those shrubs without cutting them down by hand.* i can't afford to pay someone to do it.* Are their any chemicals that I can spray on them to kill them dead!!!! and then pull the roots outs I can't keep living like this and didn't relize this shrubs or bushes contained wasps and these digger wasp when I purchased the home since it was winter time.

Please Please can someone help me!!!! I wish I could should you pictures of them but I can't all I can tell you of the shrubs / bushes one is about waste heigh and I'm 5"9 with redish green leaves and the other one is all green with white flower type buds.

Hi Linznac,

You can use vinegar.* It's a nonselective herbicide.* There is horticultural vinegar that is much stronger then household vinegar, but it might still work for you.
    http://www.ars.usda.gov/is/pr/2002/020515.htm
    http://www.ars.usda.gov/research/pub..._no_115=131932

Newt

[align=left]You could also strip the bark from the base of the shrub if it has*a trunk.*** Not knowing how big these shrubs are, see if a high school kid could remove it for $10 hr.** Have him wear a coat.[/align]
    [align=left]A long rope and pickup can work also.[/align]
    [align=left]Backyard[/align]