Hybrid View

But i just or rather the wife just noticed that on our what we call a creeping charlie plant. That there is little fly like bugs on it. What might they be? I also just checked ALL of our other plants cause we have a little jungle, but thier not bothering any other of our plants. I did move it outside for the time being for safety reasons. What can i do to get rid of the little boogers?

Are the flies white or black?* The white ones are known as white fly and fly when the plant is disturbed and are very tiny.** The black ones are fungal gnats and are caused by too much moisture in the soil.

Newt

Well they are black, but when we got the plant from a friend the pots its in is over flowing with what looks like sawdusted soil if that makes sense. so its hard to water and we only water it once a week. should we repot it in new soil? Would it hurt to spray it with a mild soap and water mixture?

Sounds like fungal gnats.* The sand was probably put on the soil to stop the larvae from coming up through the soil and the flies from laying their eggs.* If you can remove the soil and repot in fresh soil, that would be great.* If using the same pot, wash it well before you put the plant back in.* Here's info on fungal gnats and what you can do with potatoes.* :)
    http://www.extension.umn.edu/project...ngusgnats.html
    http://www.essortment.com/home/indoorgrowingh_syky.htm

Newt

Great thanks, and* you are a plant saver!!:D*I mean im sure i could google this stuff. But if i dont know what its called im looking for, Well id be burnt. so thanks again!!

Bkwilson, you are so very welcome!* Thank you for letting me know that I've saved the life of a plant.* You've made me smile.* :D*

Don't hesitate to stop by again.
    Newt