Thread: SASE

SASE

Hi!
    I really want to plant! I'm 14 years old and just bought some nice potting soil mix. I haven't bought any seeds though, because they're so expensive! Can I SASE a bit of all of your seeds? I want to get some variety, and test and experience how certain plants grow differently.

Also, I have 2 questions:

I have a koi fishtank at home; I heard that Indians used to put dead fish in their gardens and it would make the soil better...

So can I put my fishwater in my plants as "water" ?

And also. Since plants need to make glucose for food during photosynthesis... would it be okay to put a glucose solution as "water" into the plant also? Wouldn't it make the plant get more "food" ? Glucose should be able to pass through the plant roots. But the plant roots have cell walls on them, so would that inhibit glucose passage? Probably not right? So why hasn't anyone tried this yet?

thanks!
    email me back at jeanettiepoo@hotmail.com THANKYOU!!

Hi JWC,
    I just noticed your post. I realize you posted a long time ago, but I thought I would try and answer your questions.

I have a koi fishtank at home; I heard that Indians used to put dead fish in their gardens and it would make the soil better...

So can I put my fishwater in my plants as "water" ?
    Yes and yes. It isn't recommended that you put your dead fish in your garden these days, but using the water from a FRESH WATER fish tank would be very good for your plants. There is a fertilizer that you can buy called fish emulsion. It is the waste product from fish and would be the same thing you would be doing. Great observation on your part.

As to your glucose question, I'm not sure that adding glucose to water and adding it to plants in the raw form would be good for the plants. Plants manufacture glucose and you might be overdosing them by adding more for them to process. Kind of like a human overdosing on sugar and carbohydrates and getting diabetes. I did a search at www.google.com and put in the search box:
    glucose + plant

You might find some helpful information that way.

Great questions!! Sorry I can't help with seeds, but there is a site at Garden Web that sends seeds for SASE. Take a look here for all different types of flowers and veggies. There is also a seed exchange if you scroll down and look on the right. If you post on more than one forum you will have to change the title of your post or their computer will think you are spamming and ban you.

http://forums.gardenweb.com/forums/

Good luck,
    Newt

hey what's sase???

Self Addressed Stamped Envelope - In other words, you estimate how much the postage will be for what is being sent to you and you send that much postage to the person sending you the goodies.

Newt

hmmm cool...

normally for me this is how it goes:1-2 seed packets-37cents,2-5 packs-49 cents,bigger packages go for 60 cents

i know it all now sase sabe sabse i also know it's way to much money for international trades so i don't do them

postage also depends on the size of the seeds, and bubble envelopes even under 1oz are
    generally non-machinable (for all I know) and require 49 cents.

Aloha,

Maren

So do you still want to do SASE for seeds,I have plenty to share,lmk(let me know)

are you still offering seeds for sase, I am interested..............

Shawn