I have a flowering shrub that blooms every summer (June) and is extremely fragrant.* It has tiny white trumpet like star shaped flowers (4 points).* The leaves are elongated ovals and are non glossy green.* I was thinking maybe honeysuckle but cannot locate any photos online that look the same.* I LOVE this shrub, get compliments on it every year, and would like another.* Can anyone help me identify it?* Thank you.

Hi Naturally Tru,

It reminds me of a lilac aka Syringa, but they don't bloom this late.* At least I don't know of any that do.* It would help to know your state and hardiness zone to know what is in bloom now.

Newt

I live in SW Lower Michigan...zone 5b.** It does sort of look like a Lilac blossom now that you mention it.*

In your zone the late blooming lilacs could be in bloom now, so that must be it.* Anything else I was thinking of would be too tender for your zone.* You can propagate it by digging up the sprouts that appear when they are about 6" tall.* It will take about 5 years before they are mature enough to bloom.

You can also take cuttings.* This site has loads of info on lilacs, including how to take cuttings, but it can be a complicated process.* It also lists the names of several species of lilac that you can do some searching with at google.
    http://spi.8m.com/care.htm
    Newt

Thank You

You are so very welcome!*

Newt