Results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: Girdle Worm

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    My dad was having problems with something eating around the branches on his trees (mostly maple) and causing the branches to weaken or possibly fall.* He says they are called GIRDLE WORMS, where he got this name I'm not sure.** Anyway, he ask me if I could find any information about them.***The spelling may be wrong, or they might be*called something different entirely.* If anyone has an idea what might be doing this please let me know.*** Thanks.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Maryland zone 7
    Gogrowth, your dad has part of the name correct.* They are called twig girdler.* There is also a pest called twig pruner.* The adult is a beetle in both cases.* At the second site you can have the pleasure of looking at photos of the different stages of life.


  3. #3
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    I will print off the information and give to Dad. Thanks again for finding the information I was looking for. I have learned more from this website in a couple of days then I have from all of the others.

    Thanks Again

Similar Threads

  1. Worm Bag Smart Flow Through System $20
    By lily1 in forum Buy & Sell - Garden Tools, Garden Products or Seeds
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 03-31-2009, 04:47 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts