Hybrid View

[align=left]So I am really interested in buying a Strawberry Tree for my garden, but I speciafically want the dwarf version known as the Elfin King.* I have done a search online for a bit but am new-ish to the gardening world and don't know where to start looking.* [/align]

[align=left]I have found out that the strawberry tree is available at my local nursery, but the the varities that I am not interested in, like the Oktoberfest and the full size tree as well.* It is also very common in the U.K. but being in California I would rather get one from a closer location.* Any help would be greatly appreciated.* [/align]

[align=left]Does anyone know where I can order one of these?[/align]

Hi Surfingmike,

At this site you can check mail order references and search for specific plant material or search by state.
    http://davesgarden.com/products/gwd/

I had a list of good mailorder nurseries from a long time ago.* I don't know how these nurseries are currently rated, but I would suggest you double check their recent references.* The list is from 2002 and in order of preference they were:
    Woodlanders
    Forest Farm
    ArborQuest.com
    Mountain Maples
    Bear Creek Nursery
    Dave's Nursery

I'd love to know if you find what you are looking for and the results of your purchase.

Newt

[align=left]Thanks Newt.[/align]

[align=left]I checked out each of the websites from the suggestions you listed and even called most of them to see if their nursery had it in stock and none of them had the plant I am looking for.* Most of them had never even heard of it before.[/align]

[align=left]However, some of them gave me other numbers to call and have a potentially good lead from a place called Greer Gardens, http://www.greergardens.com/*.* I guess they deal with rare and unusual plants so I gave them a call and they have definately carried the plant before,* but just not now.* They are are going to call some distributors and see if they can get one though.* [/align]

[align=left]Thanks for help.* [/align]

[align=left]SurfingMike[/align]

Mike, I'm so glad you were able to find a nursery that might be able to get it for you.* You might want to do a google with the botanical name like this:
    Arbutus unedo 'Elfin King'

I found a couple of nurseries that say they carry it.* Of course you'll want to check their references.* :)*

Thanks for letting me know how it's going.
    Newt