Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Across the stone path there is actually another square section against the house that I can also use. So so far I have given you pics of the backright corner, the sideyard, and now another space in the side yard

It is also right next to the air conditioning/ heater machine, (The square 'box' outside) Don't know if it'll interefere with the plants. BUT I'd have to check on it when the heater/AC is on sometime, Might give off heat good/bad.*

Measures 3ft 6in x 4ft 4in

There used to be a huge tree here that was later removed because the gardener said it was too close to the house and could fall anytime...**

There is still the tree stump there, don't know if it'll just take space or if it'll interfere with my veggies, can ask the gardener to remove

*The area is currently filled with pots and trays.

**The tree stump was not removed because of any diseases, just because it was giving us worrys that it would collapse on the house.

Yes, that tray will work fine but you will need something under that so when you water your seedlings the water doesn't ruin the surface below.* I've used the disposable roasting pans from the grocery store or any old tray.* Just be sure to measure both your tray and any that you may buy.
    disposable aluminum roasting pan

You may want to raise up the tray with the holes in it so the bottom of your seedling pots don't sit in water.* You can use lids from margarine containers if you like.

Newt

[user=5]Newt[/user] wrote:
    I did a little googling and found that Cornucopia seeds are a new line of seeds from Renee's Garden.
    http://www.reneesgarden.com/cornucopia/index.htm

You can look up Renee's Garden at the Garden Watchdog site I gave you.

That's a good assortment of tools.* The large pruners are for large branches and you won't be needing those.

Do you have any pictures of the garden spaces you want to plant in?

Newt
    Should would you recommend them?

Should I return the seeds/seed tray? And get possibly better branded ones?

Are the seeds organic? It says Not treated or genetically grown (In picture)

The site next to the air conditioner will be too hot in summer and probably have too much air flowing.* Besides, it's not good for the unit to plant that close to it.

I have some concerns about the side yard not being sunny enough.* I do like the rectangular look of it though.* The sun will be higher in the sky in the summer, so it might get enough sun.* All you can do is try it to see if it works.

The back corner site looks awkward to get to.* If you plant a tomato plant there you aren't going to be able to get behind the plant to harvest.* If you put the tomato plant more forward, once it gets large you won't be able to get to what is planted behind the tomato.* It also looks shady.* Is that grass I see there or moss?* If it's moss the site would probably be too damp and shady.* How about the area to the right of it?* What is that dark green plant material growing there?

Newt

[user=5912]GrowingVeggies[/user] wrote:
    I did a little googling and found that Cornucopia seeds are a new line of seeds from Renee's Garden.
    http://www.reneesgarden.com/cornucopia/index.htm

You can look up Renee's Garden at the Garden Watchdog site I gave you.

Newt
    Should would you recommend them?

Should I return the seeds/seed tray? And get possibly better branded ones?

Are the seeds organic? It says Not treated or genetically grown (In picture)
    I can't recommend them as I've never bought from them.* I also can't say not to use them.* Look up Renee's Garden at the Garden Watchdog site I gave you and see if they have a good reputation and then decide if you want to purchase from them.* I can't make that decision for you.* Your garden is going to be VERY small.* I think you shouldn't obsess over which seeds unless you MUST have organic seeds and MUST have an organic garden.* You will only have room for one or two tomato plants of each.*

Just because the SEEDS weren't treated with chemicals doesn't mean they are organic.* If they are orgnaic they would be CLEARLY labeled on the front of the packet that they are organic.* That means the PLANTS they were harvested from were grown without synthetic herbicides in the soil or on the plants.*

It's as if you are asking if a dog is a collie because it's a dog.* It might be a dog but might not be a collie.* All collies are dogs, but not all dogs are collies.* :)*

Newt

Okay thanks! I'll just got out to find some packets that are clearly labeled Organic

I have some lids from honey containers. Could I use those?

The site next to the air conditioner will be too hot in summer and probably have too much air flowing.* Besides, it's not good for the unit to plant that close to it.

I have some concerns about the side yard not being sunny enough.* I do like the rectangular look of it though.* The sun will be higher in the sky in the summer, so it might get enough sun.* All you can do is try it to see if it works.

The back corner site looks awkward to get to.* If you plant a tomato plant there you aren't going to be able to get behind the plant to harvest.* If you put the tomato plant more forward, once it gets large you won't be able to get to what is planted behind the tomato.* It also looks shady.* Is that grass I see there or moss?* If it's moss the site would probably be too damp and shady.* How about the area to the right of it?* What is that dark green plant material growing there?

Newt

So probaly only the side yard might work good? My concern is the fence as the plot is right next to it and blocks the sun, but*then other roses have grown fine there...

You have mentioned to plant the peppers in the back corner? The green stuff on the ground is moss. The area to the right of it is a bunch of flowers my dad had planted a couple years ago. I had thought it would be a good place, then asked my dad, my dad said no we can't dig it up. BUT if I can acheive a good harvest my dad might like it and can find space for more plot.

This is the green stuff to the right of that corner

So basically out of those three areas only the sideyard rectangle might work...

Here is another place that I could use

These*are the areas where the sun shines like 8hours+ on a summer day

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast