Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    All the Ace stores are at least a 45min drive from my house....maybe order online if the shipping/handling isn't that much.

Try looking in the yellow pages for a hardware store near you and call them to see if they have inexpensive grow lights.*

Newt

[user=5]Newt[/user] wrote:
    Try looking in the yellow pages for a hardware store near you and call them to see if they have inexpensive grow lights.*

Newt
    Found a Ace/Payless store like 10mins from my house. They sell a 5ft shop light for $13

Then for the bulbs they have a eco one, which is for Plants and Aquariums. Didn

t buy it yet. But I know they sell one there.

1) Generally, the smaller the seed, the less dirt it needs as a covering.
    2) Medium-sized seeds usually need about a quarter inch of dirt covering them. The best thing for little seedlings is to keep their roots undisturbed until they are planted in their permanent setting. So make sure you give them enough soil.
    3) Larger seeds like beans can be planted a little deeper and usually need less care since they derive their early nutrition from the actual seed.
    4) Another consideration with starting plants from seeds is the length of time involved.
    5) If you like getting out in the spring and getting your flower and gardens beds all planted and mulched, perhaps you should consider saving a spot where your seedlings can grow until they are pretty or full enough to be transplanted into a bed. Some biennials actually take two years before they blossom.

Thanks

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234