I have been so blessed to have a wonderful Aunt who has passed along her cucumber seeds to me that*she has gathered, stored and planted*for more than 50 years. They are the little small white cucumbers, and they have a very distinctive flavor that takes me back to my chilhood just smelling them. The problem is, I can't figure out how to harvest the seeds properly and my sweet Aunt is no longer available to ask how. I am almost out of her seeds and will have maybe one more year worth and am afraid I will loose them forever. Any suggestions on how to gather them and dry them without damaging them? I am not the greenest thumb in the world, so use small words. haha!

Maryland zone 7
    I got a giggle out of your last statement about small words.* Actually saving cucumber seeds is done the same way as tomato seeds. You will have to let the cucs ripen past the eating stage for the ones you choose to save.* It seems a little scarry to do it this way, but it really works.* I suggest you start with this years harvest to be sure you are doing it properly.* Then plant some of the ones you've saved next year to be sure you've done it correctly.* Don't forget to label the seeds and seedlings of the ones you save so you'll know for certain. * These first two sites explain how to do this and the third site has pictures at the bottom of the page.

The variety you have is probably 'White Wonder'.* You might like to know that other names for 'White Wonder' have been Albino, Ivory King, Jack Frost, Landreth's White Slicing, and White Albino. The original seed was sent to the W. Atlee Burpee company by a customer in 1890.* It was released it in 1893.* Cool, eh?* *

Happy salads!