Recommendations needed for squirrels and fruit trees

Last year my fruit trees were stripped bare by squirrels. They removed hundreds of winesap apples and peaches. This year I have decided to wage war against these vermin. I have heard that electric fences will work best. Any recommendations/suggestions. I tried netting on the trees last year and I think that the squirrels found that quite funny.
    Thanks for your help.

If a squirrel is determined enough, there really is no stopping it. I don't know how tall your trees are, but an electric fence might be the only way to protect your fruit. Keep in mind that a squirrel can jump 10' straight up or from another structure/tree.
    http://www.ehow.com/how_4888318_frui...ons-birds.html

Newt

Thanks for you kind response. The largest apple tree is probably 12-15 feet tall. I had my gardener trim a great deal of tree branches from the surrounding coniferous trees which they might have used to climb down. I may try using aluminum or electric fencing, if I can locate it online. Any suggestions on what type to use as I have quite a few trees that are not that close to each other?

Mike

Mike, I really have no idea which electric fencing to use, but you might want to do some googling with terms such as:
    electric deer fence
    and see if you can find any discussions about them.

I'd love to know what you use and how it works. That way I will be able to help others too.

Newt