In Search of Royalty...

Hello,

I first read of an apricot named 'Royalty' in the Sunset Western Garden Book years ago but am now having a very difficult time finding it. There is another apricot tree named 'Royal' or 'Royal Blenheim' but this is an entirely different tree so I understand.
    I would appreciate any help offered regarding information on finding and purchasing the 'Royalty' apricot tree. Thank you.

Hi Anne,

The only site I have that might be helpful is the North American Fruit Explorers. They have a list of nurseries. Do check the Garden Watchdog link if you do find what you are looking for.
    http://www.nafex.org/supply_source.htm

They have an Apricot Interest Group.
    http://www.nafex.org/apricot.htm

I'd love to know if you find it.
    Newt

Thank you very much for your quick response, Newt. I will check out the website you suggested and I will definitely let you know if I find it. Thank you again!!

Talking Success!!

Newt,

Thanks to your help and a few other organizations I have located the apricot tree I was looking for!! They did explain that because of the higher chilling requirement of this particular variety it may or may not fruit, but I am taking a chance and ordering it from GrowinCrazyNursery in Paulden, Chino Valley Arizona.
    Thanks so much for putting me on the right path!!

Anne, what wonderful news! I'm so glad I was able to help. If you need sites on how to plant, water, mulch and prune your new tree, don't hesitate to ask.

Newt

Newt,

I am a plant junkie and this site had always proven to be a reliable source even before I decided to become a member. I am glad I joined!

Anne, what a wonderful compliment. Thank you sooo much!

Newt