Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Raised beds

Well today I looked at the lettuce again, and I think the slimy ones have eaten most of it. Darn it. Because it has been so cool here, both the carrots and lettuce have stopped growing, so have not even worried about it. I placed some Earth friendly slug and snail bait around the lettuce. The carrots still look good, but will thin them tomorrow and place slug bait around them as well. I was going to put in the squash and cuke seeds, but think I will start then inside so I can control the "climate" better then trusting mother nature. Tomatoes/peppers and Basil come mid-late next month..... I am chomping at the bit.

UPDATE...... I do not see any evidence of the slimy critters, so I think what happened is I "pulled the trigger" too soon and in fact the weather has been too cold and wet. In fact we had hail here that stayed in the beds for several hours. Maybe some of it froze. I thinned the carrots. They are actually looking good.

Status report

OK......... I have taken some pics, and in fact a few seeds of squash and cukes have also popped. I hope the pics work.
    Attached Images Attached Images

very nice beds!
    getting warmer here too. finally got my tomatoes out of the grrenhouse and into the ground. they were getting too tall and too big for their 6" pots. now we'll see if the bloody wind will get them where the cold didn't :) It's hard to be a gardener this year... lol but you take what you get as far as the weather goes... happy gardening
    K

Where are you located.... It has been one of the coldest and wettest May's in Oregon's history..... My squash, beans and cukes did pop in the past 2 days.

Edmonton, Alberta, Canada.
    uunseasonably cold spring here too

I said I would keep everyone updated, so here is the latest. While June has been one of the coolest and wettest on record, it seems as if the veggies are doing OK. The lettuce is a real dissappointment, as this is as tall as it has gotten in nearly 3 months. Enjoy the pics.....

New pics..... I actually ate a few carrots from the garden. They were so tasty

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234