I would love to know what plant is this?

I bought this at a shop in Shanghai but I cannot understand Chinese... still wondering what can this be?
    Attached Images Attached Images

I cannot be sure..... but it looks very like Albuca sp.

http://www.pacificbulbsociety.org/pb...dex.php/Albuca

Bulbs do not usually like to sit in water. It may cause it to rot.

I don't know if you right or wrong Surfer but I gotta give you 10 points for effort alone.. It sure doesn't show up in Taylor's book of familiar perenials. Wink Wink. I'm not very good at it but plant ID is pretty cool. I remember stumping the professor in a course on identifying plants in the winter by the leaf scars and buds ect. I got her with an "American Chestnut" that I got from old stump growth out in the middle of nowhere. It was/is pretty much extinct due to some kind of blight except some hybrids thay are trying to get as close to 100% as possible.
    Even as an extinct wood it is still earning people a fortune. They tear down the old barns that were used for drying tobacco which is a shame.
    Sorry. Nothing like a little 2AM rambling!!

PS.. I'm gonna have to try and stump you just for fun but I'm guessing whats odd for me is more common for you cause your Zone must be a bit warmer than Z6.

Quote Originally Posted by Shmilty View Post

PS.. I'm gonna have to try and stump you just for fun but I'm guessing whats odd for me is more common for you cause your Zone must be a bit warmer than Z6.
    Great idea. Other forums do it.

Head it " Just for Fun 1"
    If it catches on you can add more... Just for fun 2!
    I tried to start one. But haven't figured out how to attach pics yet!!!!

It sure looks very much like Albuca sp.!!! Thank you Silver Surfer. ;) And no bulb shall be sitting in water.
    Last edited by Michelletsh; 05-09-2010 at 11:41 PM.