Blog Entries

Herbs are going in......

I've never planted it before. I have 5 in a kind of square. Also put in my flat leaf parsley, tomorrow I will begin the mammoth basil...
    Lemon balm is doing very well, so is the sage, greek oregano, . French tarragon looks a bit off,,,but we have had some temps close to 32 this month. Hopefully thats over. The feverfew is going well, I must transplant that into a different bed. Actually I am going to make another set of beds. I need one for the dill and some other things.
    I'm excited... Then again I always do get excited when my stuff comes up and goes in,lol

Herbs are great to grow. Not only are they fun to watch, but are a wonderful addition to our family meals! I have two types of basil, oregano, thyme, mint and dill.

An herb garden can be a convenient and enjoyable way to have fresh seasonings on hand when you cook at home. When you grow your own herb garden, you benefit your own health, as well as the health of the planet. Your own herb garden does not need pesticides and other chemicals, which keeps these harmful substances out of your body and out of the soil. Thanks a lot for such an interesting post.