Early Blight issues

Hi All,
    I have six tomato plants that are about 9-12" high. I am in colorado, and so did not transplant them into the ground until a couple of weeks ago. Recently, we had some intense rains that lasted three days, and now all the plants have early blight. In some plants, at least half of the branches show signs. I removed all the infected branches to slow the spread...in a couple of the badly affected plants, this leaves only 33% of the branches.
    I was wondering if anyone had advice? I do have a few "backup" seedlings that aren't as mature that I could replace the really badly affected plants with. But they wouldn't produce much fruit until late in the season (perilously close to the frost date). Is it possible for heavily pruned plants to recover?

Thanks in advance!!

Good job removing the infected leaves and branches. You can take other steps to treat early blight, such as applying a copper spray (available at home improvement stores), a biofungicide, or a fungicide.
    With careful treatment, your plants will recover!

Take steps to prevent early blight next year, too, by clearing out debris at the end of the season, rotating your crops, and choosing resistant varieties.

Here's a page that may help!
    Tomato Blight: how to identify and treat early blight

Good luck!