Blog Entries

Someone please help!! Plant or animal??

Hi all, we found this plant?? in the garden today. The 1st 3 photos are of when is it in the garden before we pulled it out. There was a jelly like bottom with a egg shell surrounding. We had to dig the bottom out seperately, and it fell open with this little jelly looking embro inside. The other photos are of "it" after we pulled it out. The think inside is the circumference of a bit over a 50c piece, and without the bottom bit it is approx 70mm long to the fork where the tendrals start, then about 11mm in length total. but this is without the bottom.OMG I am concerned as to what it is and would really like to find out. If anyone can help we would appreciate it.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Welcome christine63.
    Something is wrong I cannot open pics.

Last edited by Silver surfer; 09-04-2010 at 02:05 PM.

Blog Entries

Smile

Thank you for the answer

Yes! It is Aseroe Rubra or Starfish Fungus and is mostly found in parts of Australia

haha :)

http://www.agricultureguide.org/15-a...ound-on-earth/

15 alien vegetables, but yours is not included.

Well, that's just down right creepy! Sorry I couldn't help! Would be curious if you ever found out what it was!

You could go to Neil Sperry's website and e-mail a copy of the picture to him; he knows everything there is to know about plants and anything in the garden. Neil Sperry's GARDENS - The Definitive Word in Texas Horticulture