My tomato seedlings seem to have stopped growing

This is my first year gardening, I started some tomatoes from seed about 8 weeks ago and they are only 1-3in tall. They should be ready to plant in the garden by now! I've done lots of online research and realized I was probably over-watering and I waited to long to add a fertilizer, I was using an organic seed starting mix, but have re-potted and switched to miracle grows organic potting soil. I've fertilized twice with an organic fish/seaweed fertilizer (once before re-potting and once after). I've corrected the over-watering problem. They're under a fluorescent light about 14 hrs a day. I'm not sure what else to do. It's time to plant outside where I'm from in Missouri, but they are so small. Any advice??? Also the potting soil said it feeds up to 2 months so I haven't added any more fertilizer.

Hello Stephanie. Ken here in the Chicago area. Im sorry to hear about your seedlings.
    The overwatering has probably caused root rot. Also the fish/seaweed fertilizer is
    mostly nitrogen (for leaves), not phosphorus that you need for root development. You
    will just have to wait and see.
    Also, how close is the fluorescent bulb to the plants? It should be 6 12 inches away.
    What is the color balance of the bulbs? Is it warm white, cool white, daylight, or a grow
    light? The reason I ask is that the plant needs the blue and red areas of the visible light
    spectrum for growth. A warm white or daylight bulb would be best.
    I hope this helps. Good luck and take care.

Hi,

I'm thinking you just need to give the plant a break. It might just be stressed out and trying to adjust to all your doing to it. I wouldn't worry about it not growing. It might just take time. Good Luck.

Happy Gardening,
    -Kristina K.

Urban Farm Wife