Hybrid View

Succulent Garden/Gibbaeum Question

Hi - I am a new lover of succulents. I am wondering whether succulents are often carried in chain stores (ex: Home Depot) or nurseries - either year round, or seasonally. I found some at a Home Depot in another state, but when I checked my local store, there were limited succulents available. If not, in your experiences, what are some good online stores to look at?

I'm also looking for a Gibbaeum plant, but haven't been able to find anything online. I found seeds, but wanted to see what the more experienced gardeners thought about growing it from seed. :)

Thanks in advance for your help!
    ashley

Hey glueymooey. Ken here with The Home Depot in the Chicago area.
    Welcome to the forum and thanks for your question. Succulents are carried
    at The Home Depot and other nurseries but availability depends on the climate
    at that store. Obviously, the warmer the climate, the more succulents you will find.
    As far as your Gibbaeum plant is concerned, I have not grown it from seed, but if you
    want to grow it outdoors, the temperature in winter must not drop below 50*F.
    I found a great resource for succulents online. Here is the link. Good luck.

Cactus and Succulent Nurseries

Thanks Ken! My local Home Depot has always been so helpful, and I now see that extends beyond the walls of their stores!