Planting Strawberries in the Fall

My daughters Kindergarten class will planting Strawberries this Fall (hopefully, I am in charge of this). I read the article on planting Strawberries in the fall, but I was wondering if anyone had any further recommendations about the planting, and most importantly.....where can I buy Strawberries in the fall? We live in SE MI, but our zone is actually a 6! Thank you for any advice you might have.

September and October are good months to set out strawberry plants. Strawberries established in the fall have a much higher yield the following season.

Start with a soil test to determine lime needs. Strawberries need a soil pH of 6.0-6.8. They grow best in a well-drained, highly organic soil. Prior to planting, broadcast 8-8-8 or a complete fertilizer over a well-prepared bed.

Plant strawberries so the crown is slightly above the soil line Strawberry root height when plants are firmed. It is a good idea to use a mulch to keep plants and berries from touching the soil. Black plastic or weed control fabric can be rolled across the planting area. Cut an X where each plant will be set. Organic mulches such as pine straw, wheat straw or fine ground pine bark may be more suitable mulch for homegrown strawberries. Good luck