Thread: tetra filters

tetra filters

a tetra filter came with the house i bought for the pond. does anyone know how to get an instruction manual?
    also, there's a hole in the top of the filter. Is it supposed to be stopped up? the previous owner left a cork in it

Hi Andy,
    If you haven't found an instruction manual by now, try doing a search at www.google.com using the name of the manufacturer. If that doesn't work, let me know.

Newt

I don't know about purchased filters-we built our own.

I wanted a pond so bad but we are deffinately low budget people but I always figure if you think long enough and talk to enough people, or the internet, you can find a way. I found a site that explained how to build your own filter-that was the MOST expensive item for the pond- for just a few dollars. Anyway, I've had my pond for 3 years now and it is the greatest joy. I have water lilies,cattails,etc. plus 4 goldfish and just added 3 bullfrog tadpoles. My husband (Jack-Of-all-Trades) is retired now and he made me a beautiful 3 tiered fountain out of old farm plow disc. It has a beautiful sound. We spend a lot of time on our patio by our pond.

I would really like to know how you constructed that filter. Was it complicated?
    Thanks
    Joyce

The Tetra Whisper Power Filters are designed with only one impeller, drawing in water from the aquarium into its filter.