My cat likes eating my plants

My cat likes eating my plants and I don't know how to stop him other then by setting them where he can't reach them. One time when i was at school i came home to find one of my potted plants almost completly gone. I'm am currently give it tons of TLC hoping it will come back. Any ideas how to stop my cat from eating it?

--Docgreenthumb

Hi Doc,

How have you been? Sorry to hear about your cat eating your plants. That can be dangerous for the cat. Take a look here to see if it's helpful.

http://www.perfectpaws.com/plant.html

Good luck with this!
    Newt

Cats aren't made to digest plants, so naturally he leaves them on the floor of my room, if you know what i mean

--docgreenthumb

Yeah, I do know what you mean. I used to have a cat that liked to do that too. She would leave me some 'interesting' packages. :roll:

Newt

I read that page you put up Newt and I'll have to try that to see if my cat has the same reaction to it. Ever since i've had it out of his reach he hasn't gone to great lenghts to try and eat it though. Maybe i'll grow him his own little garden he can eat from.

--docgreenthumb

I hope it works! At least kitty isn't able to get to the plants now. Maybe she will just forget about it.

Good luck,
    Newt