Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast
    pruninggal Guest

Poll- where's everyone from??

I just wanted to get to know the general range of where people live who contribute to the forum. I'm in Seattle where we've had all four seasons already this past month! I'd also be interested to hear your predictions on if it's going to be a hard winter for you or not.

Thanks! :D
    Katy

Hi Pruninggal,
    I live in Columbia, Maryland, between Baltimore and Washington, D.C., in zone 7. I have been in Lima, Peru visiting my son since August and will be returning to the US in December.

I really can't predict the winter as I've been in South America too long.

Newt

Poll - Where's everyone from??

Hi Pruninggal,
    I live in Queensland, Australia where we are almost at the end of our Spring with Summer officially beginning on Dec 1. I love your name, Pruninggal. If my husband was alive he would advise me to get some coaching from you. I love plants that recommend 'prune hard'. He always said 'Just as well you can't use a chain saw.' I have had to do quite a few things new to me, but the chain saw is one thing I leave well alone.
    Sorry I can't predict your weather.
    Regards,
    Sno

pruninggal Guest

Hi Sno38

I worked at the Royal Bot. Gardens in Melbourne (and Cranbourne) for three months a couple summers ago- it was fantastic! Didn't make it as far north as Queensland but hope to return soon for a longer visit. Thanks for responding! :)
    Katy

Hello all!

I live in the coalfields of southern West Virginia. A little community, called Basin, that can actually be found on some maps! LOL

Brenda

hummerNut Guest
    What a great topic. I live in a small town, in Michigan, called Vicksburg. It's near Kalamazoo. Michighan, is also having a real mixed bag of weather, 60 one day, and snow the next. One wonders what will be next.

I live in Kulm, North Dakota, USA. We are having a very strange blizzard right now. The snow is coming down, the wind is very strong, but the temperature is holding around 30*-32*. This is extra, extra warm for us. We are more use to putting a - in front of the temperature numbers. But this is North Dakota and the weather can change so rapidly. Tonight it is to get close to the 0*F mark. I grow all kinds of potato varieties and am still looking for more. I know that they are out there somewhere. Please let me know if you can find a variety that I have not grown.
    spud greetings!! :D :o :lol: :!: :!:

Looks like this is a pretty well scattered out group! That makes it interesting, to learn what others' growing conditions, etc., are. I live in south Texas, so my gardening seasons are a little different than most of yours. Fall is the best gardening time for many things. We also plant in the early spring. But in July & Aug., when most of you are enjoying all things green & colorful & beautiful, my garden & yard are brown & crispy from high temps, drought, & long, long hours of the sun beating down. This time of year I envy you in the north who have snow and a 'real' winter. I was raised in Michigan, so the 85 degrees on Christmas Day is not my cup of tea!

Hi Pruningal,
    I am from a small town just above the Mackinac Straits of Michigan.
    I am a zone 5.
    Jenna

Hi! New here.

There seems to be a lot of Michigander's on here.
    I'm from just south of Ann Arbor, Michigan.

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast