Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Cincinnati

:lol:
    Cincinnati oh here

Welcome to the new posters and hello to you long time posters!

I live in Northern Indiana, zone 5.
    Love, Janie

Hello from snow-bound Ohio!!

hello from metro Denver, Co. Annual precip. is only 15 inches. Temps change quickly and the average humidity is only 15 to 35%. Water is somewhat restricted due to the drought conditions of colorado. Soil is an alkaline clay or sand depending where you are. Summer can get as hot as 105 f, and winter goes down to -3 occasionally. Subzero temps are'nt all that common but what seems to be real damaging is the sanblasting snow-laden winds that frequently tear apart the city during storms.

Pete

Hello everyone! :lol: I'm from Northern Pennsylvania and new to the group. It looks and feels like early spring here 56 degrees yesterday on Jan. 3rd! Go figure. It's not going to be a long cold winter if it keeps this up. Happy to get to know ya'll.

Hello and welcome to the three new posters at this site:

Greener_pastures from Ohio
    Pete from Denver, Colorado
    And Creek cowboy from N. Pennyslvania.
    (That 55 degree weather won't last because I think this artic cold is headed your way.
    It is suppose to be below zero here on Tues. night!)

All of you, feel free to start a new topic with gardening interests of each of yours.
    This site does not have too much 'action' but maybe we can get it going if we all post more often.

Your gardening friend.
    Janie

Wow, we're from all over aren't we! I'm in the Midwest - Central WI...where it's VERY cold outside right now! :oops:

A very Good Morning to you all !
    I amnow located on Staten Island New York , it is a 14mile long x5 miles wide at it's widest point island. Staten Island is one of the five boughors of NYC. It was very rual before the Varrazono Bridge opened in the '60's . I live on the southern tip of the island and can see the shore of New Jersery from my house, across the Arthur Van Kill. When I first came back to NY I noticed that a lot of the water ways and areas have" Kill "after their names (Catskill---Peakskill etc.) Kill is a dutch work for creek . I have a nice size peice of land by NYC standerds 200x200 and have been gardening here almost 5 years. I just love spending all my free time working the gardens .
    Nice to seee where everyine is from , I hope this site takes off !
    Looking foward to reading all your posts
    swindyi

Hey there fom Phoenix, Arizona

Hi- As far as I can tell I'm the first one writing in from the Sonoran Desert. I'm new to this site- actually new to gardening- but I can already tell this will be a great resource. I bought a small historic cottage in the central/downtown part of Phoenix and am just beginning to landscape what was mostly a dry, rocky dirt backyard and an uneven patchy grass front yard. Yikes!! You'll probably see me on quite a bit-ha,ha. Anyway hope everyone has a great day and chat soon!

8) hi folks!!
    just found this site a few days ago, and i'm really enjoying myself. i live in the city of buffalo, and have been gardening for about 3 or 4 years. we don't do much to the front of the yard (only about 4 feet deep, also because my boyfriend says that way no one will think anybody lives here!LOL) but the backyard is our little country. (we share a yard with aunt next door, so we get a little more than some people) talk to everyone in the forums and nice to meet you.

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast