Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Hi Edeleweiss,

Welcome! I grew up in the Catskills and spent many a happy time in Albany. Say 'Hi' to my mountains!

Newt

Thanks for the welcome, Newt. The Catskills are really nice.

Hello everyone,

I am from Quebec (Canada)

Hi! I am from Indiana!!!!

Michelle

Hi Everybody!

I just found this site and I had to register!

I am in Ohio where the winters are just too long for me! But I can now see grass where the snow is melting! Its brown, but I'll take it! LOL I have spring fever setting in because of it, probably prematurely, but the weather is warming up and teasing me. The temps are to be in the 40s today and friday the 50s! I will take that for sure!! I am just itching to get outside and garden and wait for and welcome my beloved Hummingbirds and Butterflies.

I hope to meet everyone and look forward to picking your brains and sharing mine where I can! =)

P.S.
    hummerNut
    I love your fluttering Humminbird!!

Hello from Myrtle Beach

I moved to Myrtle Beach, SC from Annapolis MD a year and a half ago. I went from trying to find things that would grow in almost if not all clay soil to things that will grow in only sand. It's definately been a learning experience for me. Anyone with any insider advice is more than welcome to help out please....

Heather

Hello everyone :D I'm from Erie, Pennsylvania and it is really wet!!! Almost by Lake Erie. If I had a major league arm, I might be able to hit it with a stone. I'm in zone 5 or 6 depending on which website I'm on somehow it changes. Bye ya'll. Chad

Hi Heather,
    I know what you mean about the clay in Annapolis. I live in Columbia! For your new sandy conditions try adding lots of compost and use plants that like good drainage.

Good luck in your 'new' home.
    Newt

Hello from Georgia

Hello everyone. I'm in Lawrenceville, GA. Zone 7B! (To me, the perfect zone! But I suppose everyone feels that way!) The worst thing is the clay! And the suburban sprawl. To get a yard big enough to satisfy even your average gardener, you have to be either a millionaire or buy a house that's 30 years old. (I'm in the latter group!)

We're starting stage 3 of spring already! :D (The tulip stage!) Daffodils are waning. :cry:

Greg

Happy spring, everyone! We're finally seeing some green things here and there and some leaf knobs on tree limbs - here in a small town in Iowa. It puts a smile on everyone's face to see the sun and welcome the robins back to our yards. I've got one thing on my mind: When can I start digging in the dirt again.... the garden is still mud.

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast