How do you learn, when u get no responses?

I'm surely not trying to be rude because this forum is awesome, okey... But I have posted topics wanting some ideas and had no responses back? I'm just wanting to learn some things, thats all....I'm hoping to get things started for Spring cause it's right around the corner:)

your question was very general, and are you maybe a bit impatient?

(What you consider "easy house plants" is likely "weeds" to me, as I'm in the tropics
    - will reply in your other post).

Aloha,

Maren

Hi Amy,

Did I miss something here? You say that this forum is awsome, so I am thinking that you've read many posts and have a feel for the activity level. I suppose if you post and don't recieve answers quickly enough, then you need to choose a board that is much more active. If you would like to discuss this you can send me a private message and I'll be happy to respond. For a forum such as this one is, I'd say that getting a response in 2 hours is absolutely phenomenal. I see Maren did just that with this post. I don't know how long you waited for respones for your other posts, but I do hope it wasn't too long.

Newt

People should try to post more :). In my opinion, it's fun to post.

in threads like this, OK, fine with me. But to post just to post without contributing
    anything doesn't help anybody, does it?

The email notification of your post is one of maybe about 80-100 emails that I got
    today ... (most of those I actually had to read and do something about, i.e. they
    weren't spam). Posting just for fun in a dedicated web board doesn't make a whole lot
    of sense to me.

Maren

I meant "fun" in a way of helping people. I love to go on forums and post questions/help others out. Plus, I get to learn more about plants by posting. That's what I mean by "fun."

I should have been more specific about what "fun" meant...I never post for no reason--that doesn't do any good :) .

then we absolutely agree, I'm glad.
    As for people posting more, Newt is really good about replying to just about
    every question. I'm somewhat limited to tropicals - house plants for most people -
    and what I remember from when I lived in Germany, but I didn't do much
    gardening myself there, it's more what I learned from my Mom, so I can only
    respond to a quite limited number of things.

Maren, mostly growing "useful" (edible) things.

Hi Lily,
    It's nice to meet you.

Hello again Maren!

I must admit that I find this forum is too inactive to be here on a regular basis. I try and answer questions on many forums and share what I have learned. I do enjoy helping out, but to me the greatest satisfaction comes from helping the environment. If I can convice just one person to use an environmently friendly weed killer or herbicide, then I feel I may have rescued some wildlife, as well as the humans. I spent 4 incredibly wondrous days in the Amazon Jungle last year and it touched my soul!

I've also met some wonderful people too! :D

Newt