Need help to save my dracaena fragrans 'massangeana'

Hi,

I received a beautiful dracaena fragrans 'Massangeana' for my birthday, about a month ago. There are 2 plants in the pot, and scince it's arrival, the larger one seems to be doing wonderfully great. It has grown alot and seems in full health. On the other hand, the smaller one seems to be just dying on me, slipping through my fingers. I don't know what to do! It's leaves turned yellow and then brown. At first it was just the outside leaves, but now I notice the new, inside leave seems to be turning brown as well! One growth on the smaller plant seem to be affected much more than the other, which makes me think it may not be a root problem...

I have made sure to water the plant only when it seemed to really need it (when the tips started to turn a bit brownish), and it is in a well lighted, although not full sun, area, which is what I have seen recommended. I checked the leaves and the soil and found no bugs.

I'm new to dracaenas and found little information other that what I have already tried on the web, so I'm kind of out of ideas. Maybe repotting it, or cutting the growth that is affected the most entirely? Please help, as I really, really love this plant and would be really sad if it were to pass away on me...

Thanks!

Julie

Hi Julie,
    I have never seen this happen, but I guess it does. If you have only had the
    plant for a month it may not have been too healthy to begin with.
    I would probably try to plant the two apart, in case it is some pest or disease,
    so that the one that seems to be dying doesn't affect the healthy one.
    Otherwise I really don't know what to tell you, sorry.

Aloha,

Maren
    (have dracaenas for windbreak, so my experience is quite a bit different)