Re: Lady bugs all over my house!

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ BackyardGardener General Message Board ]

Posted by Amy on January 29, 2003 at 18:58:14:

In Reply to: Lady bugs all over my house! posted by Greg on January 29, 2003 at 16:51:19:

: I purchased my first home last May. Saw a few lady bugs here and there around my yard, but nothing extraordinary. Around November / December of last year, I started seeing lady bugs all around the house. (Inside.) They were alive but I didn't know what to do with them. Since I live by myself , I just left most of them alone. They were in groups of 15-25 probably and just sitting on the walls. Eventually, I started seeing lots of dead ones and now there aren't any. (Many of them are in my vacuum cleaner now.

: Does anyone know if this is significant? Any suggestions regarding what I should have done? I guess it would be nice to have kept them alive in a controlled manner. Will they be back? I live near Atlanta, GA, if that means anything to anyone.

: Just curious!!!

Hi Greg,

The same thing happened in the Northeast about four years ago. I don't know the cause, but I was seeing ladybugs in great numbers in the fall trying to find places to hybernate, I assume, for the winter. My father's house in NH was well infested, and I found a whole bunch in the guest room (and bed) that winter after the heat was turned up in the room. I'm sure we suprised each other equally. I think it is a phenonmenon that happens once in a while and you probably wont be bothered by it again next year. I say this because I know I read or heard an article in the news about it at the time, but I don't recall the details any longer.

If you find any in the spring, set 'em free in your garden and say thank you.

Amy

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name    : 
E-Mail  : 
Subject : 
Comments: Optional Link URL: Link Title: Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ BackyardGardener General Message Board ]

WWWBoard © 2001, All Rights Reserved.
Matt Wright and DBasics Software Company

advertisement

208-59-31-120.c3-0.nat-ubr3.sbo-nat.ma.cable.rcn.com at 208.59.31.120