Re: can houseplants survive a cross-country move??

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ BackyardGardener General Message Board ]

Posted by Newt on March 12, 2003 at 01:21:28:

In Reply to: can houseplants survive a cross-country move?? posted by Heather on March 10, 2003 at 08:09:15:

: Hello: I hope someone can help! I will be making a cross-country move & can't send my plants with my furniture - the journey will take 2 weeks & will surely kill them. I'm most concerned about my VERY large rubber tree plant...

: How can I send them without killing or traumatizing? I just can't leave them behind!

: Sincerely, Heather

Hi Heather,

Hmmm, guess I have some questions.
Are you moving east to west or west to east? It would be better if you could say from what state to what state.

When are you leaving?

For example, if you are leaving now from New England and are moving to Oregon, this could be a problem. On the other hand, if you are moving from North Carolina to Northern California then it could be easier. Also, the trip could be more traumatic for your plants if you leave in July and have to travel across the desert.

Also, what are you transporting them in? Will they be in a car or suv or in a trailer that is being pulled?

If you can answer these but feel uncomfortable answering on the forum, feel free to send me a personal e-mail. I've shipped plants and moved them as well.

Newt

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name    : 
E-Mail  : 
Subject : 
Comments: Optional Link URL: Link Title: Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ BackyardGardener General Message Board ]

WWWBoard © 2001, All Rights Reserved.
Matt Wright and DBasics Software Company

advertisement

pcp259518pcs.howard01.md.comcast.net at 68.55.146.92