You're very welcome!

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ BackyardGardener General Message Board ]

Posted by Newt on April 28, 2003 at 11:09:11:

In Reply to: Re: My Tulips are dieing down can I dig them up posted by Dianna on April 27, 2003 at 07:07:20:

: : : My Tulips are dieing down can I dig them up?The flowers are gone but the folage is still green.I was told not to cut the folage down till it turns yellow.I am wanting to plant some summer annauls in there place can i dig them up and replant them in the fall.Will they still bloom nest spring?I was so pleased with them this year. If i can how can i store them till fall.Thank you, for all the help.I live in zone 7 I just love to plant,but i have alot to still learn about gardening.Thank you,Dianna

:
: : Hi Dianna,

: : Isn't gardening fun? I'm so glad you are enjoying it. The tulips should stay in the ground year round. You can cut the spent bloom stalk to the base of the plant now. Just let the foilage turn completely yellow and remove it when it comes away with a gentle tug or cut it off. The foilage will be making food for the bulbs for next years blooms. You can just plant your annuals in between the foilage that is there.

: : Regards,
: : Newt

: Thanks a million Newt.

You are so very welcome!
Newt

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name    : 
E-Mail  : 
Subject : 
Comments: Optional Link URL: Link Title: Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ BackyardGardener General Message Board ]