Beginner w/garden planted and now questions

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ BackyardGardener General Message Board ]

Posted by RDT on May 10, 2003 at 15:02:14:

Hello all,

Glad I found this board..lots of informative posts. I live in CO Springs, CO. I made some N/S raised beds about 2 ft wide and planted my cool season veggie seeds. We are pretty much in a drought here, so not much "natural" watering going on..we can only water w/our sprinkler systems 2x a week, no other watering allowed except with a watercan or drip irrig..so every morning, I've been watering each bed w/my can..now I'm wondering if that is often enough? Too often? The soil always looks dryish towards the middle of the day...soil also seems to be running down the edges..am now wondering if my shallowly planted radish seeds, etc have already been washed away. I have had row covers on the rows because I don't think we're safe of the last frost til next week (wouldn't you know we had hail last night and it did drop below freezing).

Also, when is it safe to plant my green pepper, tomato and other seedlings outside? They are growing huge in my living room under the lights..I know we're supposed to get them out there gradually, but when is it okay for them to be in the ground? Is it 2 weeks ALF?

thanks in advance,
RDT

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name    : 
E-Mail  : 
Subject : 
Comments: Optional Link URL: Link Title: Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ BackyardGardener General Message Board ]

WWWBoard © 2001, All Rights Reserved.
Matt Wright and DBasics Software Company

advertisement