No announcement yet.

hanging basket of cherry tomatoes

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[align=left]i know!* i was just so furious that my tomatoes had been invaded....[/align]
    [align=left]nope.* nothing flew off. they looked like little white lines, very very small.* and very, very EVERYWHERE![/align]
    [align=left]i promise faithfully to wash them very thoroughly.[/align]
    [align=left]sama[/align]

Comment

I don't know if you have these on your side of the pond, but maybe they are tomato russet mites?
      http://ftsg.ifas.ufl.edu/TRMIBC.HTM

Newt

Comment

[align=left]they aren't any more, since i zapped 'em!!* LOL![/align]
        [align=left]there are similarities, i have to admit.* these were tiny little white lines almost.* i didnt look too closely, newt.* just reached indoors for my mite-murderer and got 'em good.* i PROMISE to try organic stuff after this crop.* but this is my FIRST ever basket of tomatoes, and i don't honestly care if they don't get eaten!* i just want to grow 'em without their giving up the tomato-ghost before they actually produce fullsized fruits![/align]
        [align=left]bless you for your help![/align]
        [align=left]sama ~ unrepentant[/align]

Comment

Sama, now don't make me swim over there and scold you!* Actually, it's really best to know which pest you have.* Then we can come up with an organic solution (pun intended) so you can munch away without worry.*

Maybe leaf miners?* Is this what the leaf looked like?

Newt

Comment

[align=left]er...no![/align]
            [align=left]they were like minute little lines of white.[/align]
            [align=left]you would be welcome ANY time!* a newt in the hand is worth two in the pond, i always say!!![/align]
            [align=left]sama[/align]

Comment

Thank you Sama!* I would love to come to England.* My father was born in London.* He always told me it was in a hospital either around the corner from Big Ben or could be seen from Big Ben, but that was in 1904!* I doubt the hospital would still be there.* Besides, he left when he was 4 years old and wouldn't remember it.

I still don't know what you saw, but I suspect it was the larval stage of some pest.* Maybe diatomaceous earth would work.* It would have to be the food grade, not the stuff you put in swimming pools.* If you do use it, don't breathe in the dust as it's bad for the lungs.* Otherwise it's harmless to humans.

Newt

Comment

[align=left]i'd wager you that the hospital is still there!* we don't knock 'em down often!* LOL![/align]
                [align=left]diatomaceous earth, eh....okay, thank you newt.* will go investigate![/align]
                [align=left]sama[/align]

Comment

Working...
                X