No announcement yet.

Advise needed for meyer lemon tree that does not flower

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

To be quite honest, I am becoming quite tired of a non-producing lemon tree and may donate it to a friend if it fails to produce fruit this year.

Comment

Originally posted by macrylinda1 View Post
      To be quite honest, I did repot, but I cannot be sure if it was last year or the year before. In regards to watering, in the winter when the tree is in my greenhouse, I only water when the soil becomes dry, whereas in the summer, for the most part the rain takes care of the tree, unless we go through an extended dry period. As previously noted, I usually fertilze bi-monthly as that advice was provided to me by a retailer of citrus trees many years ago when I first bought the tree.
      This past August I removed the tree from the pot and trimmed the roots back quite a bit. In addition, I did remove all the suckers from the tree itself. Its been outside now for approximately 1 month and has developed a large number of new leaves (it did lose quite a number of leaves while spending the winter in my greenhouse). To be quite honest, I am becoming quite tired of a non-producing lemon tree and may donate it to a friend if it fails to produce fruit this year.

Comment

meyer lemon

Not sure why you are quoting me from last year. Is there a point you are trying to make?

Comment

If you have the luxury of starting from scratch, plant your lemon tree where it will get plenty of sun and be protected from frost in the colder months.

Comment

Working...
          X